Friday, January 1, 2010

2010!


May this new year bring you all many, many blessings! We had a fun night last night. We went out to dinner with some friends and went roller skating. Haven't been in YEARS. I used to kick ass 20 years ago, but um... not so much now. It was fun though - we wore ridiculous costumes and had a good laugh. We actually toasted to the new year back at our house with Dick Clark and a bottle of champagne.

And the hub and I are certainly full of hope for this coming year! Goal planning session on tap today during our trip to Athens for Lucky's wedding. (We do our best thinking in the car, for some reason.) More on that later!

For now, it's all about Lucky and her big wedding weekend! I'm finishing up some last minute placecards and whatnot for her right now. Then I've got to pack. Here's what I'll be wearing to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner tonight...



I've had this J. Crew number for a while and it's still one of my all-time favorites. It's easy and fun. I'm wearing it with a taupe-colored cardi, oversized gold pearls, opaque navy tights, and bronze Mary Janes. Wish I had pics of all that, because it's ferosh.

And if y'all remember, this is the bridesmaid dress (in black)!




The picture doesn't do much for it - it actually looks a bit of a snooze on the dress form. But it is quite the little party dress - very young and flirty. It hits just above the knee.

My camera will be in tow, so I hope to have some fun pictures to share on the other side! Enjoy today and have a fabulous first weekend in 2010!

5 comments:

Gracie Beth said...

I love your rehearsal dinner outfit!

Sandra said...

Your outfit sound precious!! Can't wait to see pics! Happy New Year! xoxo

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

What a killer LBD your bridesmaid dress is. My girls all wore LBDs of their choosing and it looked just beautiful. I may be biased. Ah ha ha. Happy new year!

Mary Beth said...

Hope you have a great time at the wedding! I know that you will look fabulous!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year! I have enjoyed reading your blog for several months, and have been inspired to dabble my toes in the blog world this year too. I look forward to getting to know you.