Friday, September 7, 2007

Cookie crazed.

I told y'all I'd come up with another excuse to get more of these cookies soon enough... well my mom is hosting a bridal luncheon for her best friend (and my godmother) tomorrow at a local restaurant. It's just a small gathering of about 10 women, so it should be nice and intimate. Now my mother is just not the Martha-wanna-be that I am, so I volunteered to do favors, placecards, and the centerpiece. Nothing too over-the-top, but just a few nice touches to make it a more personal affair, you know. So I thought I'd get some more of those fabu cookies made for favors. I'm of the mind that favors are pointless unless they are either (A) consumable or (B) something someone would actually keep (rather than tossing in the trash as soon as they got home). And being that there are few things that people actually want to keep (and by keep I don't mean hiding in their junk drawer), I usually default to 'A'. This girl can eat.. so if I can consume it, me likey.

OK so I emailed the bakery a copy of the bride's wedding invitation for inspiration. This is the wedding down in St. George that I mentioned a while back. So here's the invite...


I didn't make the invites - she ended up ordering them online. She wanted me to do them but she picked her wedding date about 8 weeks out, so I just didn't have time to make them. But anyway, here are the fabu cookies we picked up today...



Aren't they the cutest? This bakery is totally my new best friend. I've already thought of two other upcoming occassions to get cookies for - including my birthday. Yeah, they're sitting here by my desk and I'm trying not to eat one. I'm going to wrap them in celo bags and ribbon and add tags to serve as the placecards. Then I'll be hitting Costco on the way home to grab some flowers to do the centerpiece. I'll try to remember to take some pics of everything once it's set up tomorrow. I'm sure it will be a good time, even though I think I'm the only one there under 40... no biggie. I mean I'm turning 30 in less than a month, so I might as well start hanging out with old people. We can all complain about our hot flashes. I mean I about ripped all my clothes off this morning while unloading the dishwasher. They're getting worse - way worse.

Anyway... that's probably the highlight of my weekend. Not too much else going on. We have a 30th birthday party to go to Saturday night, but other than that, I think we're keeping it pretty low-key. Happy Friday!!

5 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Sooo cute! Are they sugar cookies? They look so yummy. I can't wait to see pics for sure.

Buford Betty said...

Yes, with a yummy glaze on top. They are so yum-o and not overly sweet at all. It's totally the perfect cookie.

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

Wow. Very cute, I love the look of the invitations & cookies.

Suburban prep said...

They look fantastic.

tulipmom said...

"I mean I'm turning 30 in less than a month, so I might as well start hanging out with old people."

You are too funny!