Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Surgery Outfit


Did you know you needed a cute outfit for surgery? Yes, it's true. I'm now officially set for my surgery tomorrow, and though I'll be drugged up for sure, I'll be lookin' pretty darn cute leaving the hospital.

My
friend and I were supposed to go shopping last week for our surgery outfits (she's also having surgery later this summer). But things got busy for both of us and unfortunately we never got to shop together in time. And I hadn't really had time to grab something myself, but I realized today was the last day of the big Lilly sale at Off 5th (which is about a mile from my office - so I often drop in on my lunch break!). Goodness, they had a TON of Lilly, but I had to restrain myself and stay focused on my mission. I was looking for a cute terry set - something that will be comfy on my belly, you know. I was initially thinking I'd get a cute Juicy set, but when I realized today was the last day of the Lilly sale, and obviously the last day I'd be able to find something, I knew it was meant to be! I looked at the Juicy stuff too, but it's hard to find a matching set at the outlets... it's usually random pieces. Plus I just couldn't beat the deal I was getting on the Lilly stuff, so I was sold! The above pic (though a rather bad one, since I took it with my camera phone) is the winning outfit. I didn't get a good pic of the skirt, but it falls just above the knee and flares out just a bit. Super cute. And I got both pieces for $80. Off 5th is the best.

So tonight I hope to be able to just relax, and take some time to get my remotes, books, phones, magazines, etc in order so I have everything at my fingertips when I come home tomorrow. And of course, go to bed early since we have to get up at the butt crack of dawn. I hope to get back on soon to blog about how everything went and how crappy I feel! ;-)

5 comments:

hqm said...

I think you will look adorable post surgery! Still have my fingers crossed for you!

PS said...

I *love* your surgery outfit!!! It is amazing how having something new and cute and *colorful* can perk you up a bit that morning of surgery!!! I wish I was closer to the outlets! I might just have to run out there and pick up a Lilly set too! Good luck tomorrow my friend! You will do great! :) If you are feeling up for a Buffy Marathon to help you recover give me a call or text! ((((HUGS))))) Pammy

Suburban prep said...

All the best.
Cute outfit.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Thinking about you today! Hugs!!

Allie_in_Ga said...

Adorable outfit! I hope all went well and best of luck!