Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Welcome to my crib, yo.

Our sweet crib arrived yesterday! And we didn't waste any time getting it assembled. I'm so happy with it. Now, baby, if you'll just cooperate and show us your goods on Thursday, I can start getting serious about fabrics!






I've been browsing here and there, and lately these softer hues have really caught my eye. Which is NOT like me... I always assumed I'd do something bright and funky. But something about a sweet nursery just oozes "baby," you know? No decisions made yet of course, but these two collections are looking rather delicious to me right now...




This is too fun! I'm hoping to get started on the closet paint this weekend. We did finally get to IKEA (which yet again, confirmed my hatred for the place) only to find nothing that would really work. So instead of revamping the entire shelving system in there, I think we're just going to add one more row of the basic wire shelving, definitely remove the door, and incorporate other boxes and hangy-down organizer type things to maximize storage. A much cheaper solution anyway, so I'm all about that! But first, paint. Pics to come soon!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Sooo exciting!!! Can't wait to see you precious nursery. XOXO

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Yay!! Crossing my fingers for a money shot on Thurs!

Amy @ Forever 29 said...

How wonderful! Praying for a cooperative baby on Thursday :-)

Jessi said...

I actually had picked the same fabrics for a boy, but my husband didn't love them. Now I don't love our nursery. So next time, I'll push harder for what I want...all to say I love your fabric choices!! Hoping for a cooperative baby on Thursday!

Jill said...

LOVE everything about this post!! Love those fabrics...reminds me a little of mine. ;) This is SO fun! Seriously, can I join you on a shopping trip some time for baby Rogers? I don't care if it's big stuff or little stuff, I want to go with!! SO exciting!