Thursday, August 4, 2011

Namaste

Lots of great numbers last night on SYTYCD, including solos by all the top 6. The solos usually aren't my favorite - I mean, how much awesome can you really fit into 30 seconds? Then Melanie said, "This is how much."



My money's on Melanie!!! (And how freakin' cute is her grandma, by the way?!)

In other news, I went to yoga last night for the first time since being pregnant. I hadn't felt up to it until recently and I finally took the plunge last night. I knew our instructor (at my gym) would be helpful with what-to-do-and-what-not-to-do-while-pregnant tips, but she was amazing. I spoke with her briefly before class just to let her know I was knocked up and she told me generally where I should take it easy, etc. And throughout the class she would look in my direction and give me safer options to do. But then after class she came over and talked with me for like 10 minutes - the girl knows her stuff. She knew all kinds of prenatal facts and big words I've never heard of... I have a whole list of things to google. And she's going to make some copies of some helpful prenatal yoga stuff for me and bring to the next class. How awesome is she? So yeah, it was great to get back to class and do something active besides housework or walking.

And one more thing... we have our 16 week ultrasound in ONE week! So if baby cooperates, we should be able to determine the sex. Seems like everyone I talk to thinks it's a girl (including us for some reason). What do you think? I'm putting a poll up on my sidebar, so go cast your vote!!!

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

I started doing prenatal too and I'm really liking it. I've done videos before but I was worried about pushing myself too hard so Husband found an actual studio that's right near our house. So far I'm still able to do more of the poses (except for the belly stuff), but I'm sure that will change!

Our next appointment isn't until Aug. 15 and I don't think it's an ultrasound. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though because I'd love one! I think another week or two later we get the one to find out the sex. I'm so excited and so ready to start painting the baby room!

I'm so glad to hear everything is going so well with you! As my grandmother always says, everything falls into place and thankfully it looks like that is the case for both of us!

Pretty in Pink said...

i'm 30 weeks pregnant and our little bundle is breech and have not been able to find out the sex. I really hope you can next week. I have always loved the thought of being able to name and talk to your baby by name before it's born. Also I bought the book New Active Birth by Jannet Balakais (I don't think I spelt her last name right) it has great yoga stuff for pregnancy and even though it is a book written for natural birth the streaches are really good for general mobility in pregnancy.

Unknown said...

It's so good you'll be able to keep up w/yoga during the pregnancy. It will help your back so much & prevent nasty things like sciatica.

Julie Tiemann said...

Holy.cow. Thanks for posting that video. I seriously have zero time for TV watching during the week right now (except I confess I was watching the Bachelorette on Mondays because that's laundry/bill paying night...), but I'm definitely gonna watch the finale if she's in it. AH-mazing!!!

Good for you with yoga - you're my hero!

My vote is girl too! I really want you to have a girl because hel-LO, you have such amazing taste. I have no doubt you'll find a way to jazz up a boy's room too though. :)