Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcakes


As promised, here is the yummy cupcake recipe I made for my co-workers last night. I originally got the recipe from one of my girlfriends and I've used it a million times over - it's so easy. You should know it's only 9:23am and I've already gotten several rave reviews. These are always a huge hit. One chick at a bridal shower once called them edible sin (the pic above is from that shower). They're a little rich for me, as I'm not huge on sweets, but who am I to deny others the yummy goodness?


Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcakes


1 box Devil's Food cake mix (plus ingredients required for mix - usually 3 eggs, oil & water)

1.5 cups chocolate chips (I use the Ghirardelli semi-sweet)

1 block cream cheese

1/3 cup sugar

1 egg (in addition to those required for the cake mix)



Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Prepare the cake mix according to the package directions.

3. In a separate bowl, combine the chocolate chips, cream cheese, sugar, and egg and mix together. (I usually dump whatever choc chips I have left in the cake mix.)

4. Fill muffin tins about 2/3 full with the cake mix, then drop a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture on top of each muffin.

5. Bake according to cake mix directions.


Yields 18-24 cupcakes (or you can do mini's too of course).


The cream cheese goodness drops down in the center of the cupcake when it bakes - so fun. Enjoy!



4 comments:

Stacy said...

OMG - I just made these tonight for a work party, and hello heaven! These are the best cupcakes I have ever tasted! I will definitely use these for all future parties! :)

PS - This is Stacy, Lauren's friend in NC.

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

Oh yummy. Cream cheese and chocolate-'nuff said!

Sarahviz said...

Sounds like a yummy recipe--I'm totally gonna try it!

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

So cute and sound yummy!