Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Forget ghosts and goblins... I fear Bridezilla!

So kuntry bride's wedding is fast approaching and the girl is losing it. We've joked all along that she's going to need some serious medication on her wedding date and yeah, she will. Her sister plans to have a little pharmacy in her bag that day - so we should be good.

This week kuntry bride started second-guessing every single decision she has made... from the flowers to the favors to the bridesmaid dresses... "OMG is the ribbon going to match? Should I change the flowers? I'm worried about the colors not going together or that people will think it's ugly! Should I not have had this lady make our dresses? Did I make a mistake? Are the colors in my bouquet dumb? Should I change them? . . ." And on and on she goes. Her wedding is in 2.5 weeks. I told her to stop flipping out - it's all going to come together beautifully! And it will. But it's not just the wedding details... she gets easily overwhelmed with everything she has to do. Which is understandable - I know those last few weeks before the wedding can be super stressful trying to pull it all together, all the while keeping a smile on your face!

Then just now I got a message from Christmas Bride (another girlfriend whose wedding I'm in this December) saying she went to the bridal salon to pick up the bridesmaids' dresses that had come in... but they are the WRONG color. So now she's freaking. Actually her mom is really the one losing it. I would too - that would probably drive me over the edge.

So please say a little prayer for my brides... for their sanity... and for me and the rest of the 'maids that we don't get eaten! I'm sure the stories will only get better from here...

1 comment:

Lori said...

Ahh, the poor thing. It will all work out and be beautiful I'm sure, but it's hard to "know" that when you're the bride and in the thick of it! :)
Good luck, :)