Friday, August 17, 2012

Pill Poppin' - Prenatal Vitamins

OK this is a really weird thing to get excited about, but I just had to log on to this site and update my debit card info and realized I needed to share it with y'all! (The site, not my debit card number.)  I've basically been on prenatal vitatmins for years... and a lot of insurance plans don't cover them and I'm sure some of y'all know, they're wicked expensive!  Not like IVF drug expensive, but it's still a sucker punch to your wallet every month.  I was paying about $60/mo just for these damn vitamins.  And it was also fun to have the pharmacist inquire about me being pregnant when I wasn't.  I realize normal people just get on them when pregnant or when they start to "try."  ANYWAY...



At some point down the road when I needed a new Rx, one of my nurses at RBA asked how much I was paying and quickly sent me to VitaMedMD to try their vitamins.  I'm not going to write a bunch on this, but if you or a friend are needing prenatal vitamins, please consider this site's awesomeness:

  • A 30-day supply of the Prenatal combo pack (Reg vitamin + DHA) is only $29.99.
  • The DHA pill is plant-based, not fish or whatever that a lot of pregos have a hard time swallowing (literally).  I can't taste a thing, personally.
  • You don't need a written Rx... if your doctor is in their system, you can just look them up when you order.
  • The vitamins are shipped to you FREE and they have auto-refill programs at no extra cost/obligation.  I don't have to do anything.  My vitamins just show up in my mailbox every month.  No awkward conversations with pharmacist.
  • They have awesome customer service.  Once or twice they have called me when they were running a special to make sure I got the better deal than what I was automatically signed up for.
So there you have it. There are a bunch of other vitamin products on the site I know nothing about.  And no, I was not asked to endorse this site or product... I just happen to think it's awesome compared to dropping twice as much money and making monthly pharmacy runs.

1 comment:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

You need a scrpit for vitamins? I had no idea! Interesting...

KK