Monday, March 5, 2012

Books & Movies

Just started the 3rd Hunger Games book this morning.  I am SO ready for this...




Seeing a book I love made into a movie is always a thrill. Of course, the movie NEVER EVER lives up to the book - no matter how good it is. It's impossible to put all that comes with reading into live action.  It's just not the same and I don't expect it to be.  But, it's still so exciting to see how the filmmakers translate a book for the big screen. I'm a little late getting to The Hunger Games series, but I knew the movie was coming out later this month so I had to get on it or I'd miss the train altogether! And just as I was warned, I haven't been able to put it down. So for many hours over the past week, I've had Sam in one hand and my Kindle in the other.  I was not a big reader as a kid, but I really, really want Sam to be.  I'm already reading to him.  I love it now, but wish I had been more into reading when I was young.

I'm also excited for The Hobbit, which is the prequel to Lord of the Rings. I've read LOTR (amazing books, though not an easy read!) and love all the films. Haven't read the Hobbit yet, so that's definitely on my list this year so I can be fully prepared for this...



I also have The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo on my list (and the other books), but can't seem to get excited about reading them. I'll get to them eventually. Are there any other fun books-to-film coming out this year that you're excited about?

No comments: