Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Missing my boy.


I don't usually post personal (people) pics on here, and don't really intend to change that... but I just love this picture. This was taken maybe a half hour or so before we said our final goodbyes to sweet Charlie. He was awfully sick Monday morning but after a couple of pain pills and some peanut butter, he had some energy to get outside for a bit and catch some sunshine.

I can't describe the pain I feel for this boy. I knew letting him go would be hard, but goodness it hurts. Monday night and all of yesterday was incredibly rough. I was constantly reminded of how much Charlie was a part of my routine at different parts of the day. There were traces of him everywhere. And coming home last night, knowing he wouldn't be there to greet me broke my heart again.

We miss him so, but of course are so grateful for the life he had with us and that he is not in pain anymore. I will write more on him later - there is so much to share. There's so much that I miss. But for now we're just trying to heal a bit. Thank you SO much for all your kind words and prayers. Every comment here and on twitter means a lot to me and the hub. We are hanging in there!

13 comments:

Lady Law Dawg said...

What a sweet picture - and one you will always treasure. . . I am so sorry for your loss . . . May all the love and sweet memories he added to your life sustain you as you mourn . . .

Kathryn said...

BIG, BIG Hugs.

Gracie Beth said...

I am so sorry. I lost my cat of 15 years the day after I left for school (I knew she was on the decline) my parents think she held on until I was gone.

Heather said...

I am really sorry for your loss.

Sasha said...

What a great picture... I am so sorry for your loss! Hugs!

Julie Tiemann said...

Love that pic of you two!!

Jill said...

Precious picture...I teared up just looking at it.

holly in heels said...

Awww, what a great photo. Sad sad story, but thanks for sharing it with us all!
xoxo,
http://www.hollyinheels.com
P.S. enter the fun giveaway on my site right now! Might cheer ya up a bit :)

BroncoMom said...

Sometimes words are not able to convey what is felt in the heart!!!

Bombtastic Belle said...

I am so, so sorry for y 'alls loss - you're in my thooughts.

Unknown said...

The unfortunate trade off for all the joy that pets bring us is that at some point we have to endure the sadness of saying good-bye.

I feel for you & your hubby and hope that it doesn't take long for the happy memories to take over and erase your heartbreak.

Hope said...

Oh, I am SO sorry for your loss. I know I have this coming up with my 14 year old lab and I just can't bear to think about it. My heart breaks for you. Hope you feel better soon!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Love love love y'all! My heart knows your pain. I'm so sorry for you loss! Charlie was simply the best boy!