Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A great new find...


Well, I was waiting till my order arrived before I gave props to this site. My big box was delivered yesterday and I am ready to RAVE!!! Add this one to the list of fabu gift ideas...

The site is called UpDone, which makes me think of hair, but it's all about photos. What they do is take your uploaded photos and print them on canvas and wrap them around a gallery frame. It makes a beautiful frameless picture -ready to hang - no framing required. You can choose to have the photo wrapped around the edges (as pictured) or to have the entire photo just on the face of the frame. And the beautiful thing? It's so affordable. My dad is pretty big into photography, so I uploaded 9 of his pictures from our Maine trip this summer and had them printed on 14 x 10 canvas frames (you can pretty much choose whatever size you want). No shipping costs - they were running a promotion at the time (and still are) - and no sales tax for GA. So I got these 9 photos done for less than $120 total.

I was amazed at the price, and naturally a little skeptical. But the goods arrived yesterday and they look fantastic!!! I can't wait to see my parents' reaction on Christmas. They all look SO great and professional. I totally have this site bookmarked because I will definitely be using them again. It does take a while to get the order - allow 2 or 3 weeks for delivery. And it looked like a 5 year old taped the box together. But other than that - Fabulous! I totally have visions of black and white photos hanging in a baby room... or how cute would a collage of these be in a dorm room or college apartment? OMG the possibilities are endless. Go check it out and have fun! :-)

3 comments:

Meg said...

Those are fantastic. Thanks for the tip!

Stacy said...

This is such a great idea! James and I have some great pics from our trips, and they'd be so cool in black/white in our house. Thanks for all the cool ideas, missy! :)

Heather said...

Wow, that looks so nice, and it sounds like the website is very reasonably priced. That is a great find.