Friday, December 12, 2008

It just might be love...

I'm pretty sure it is. But I figure I should hold my final review till I've gone through a full day of wear. I can hardly contain my potential excitement though! OK, let me get to it... So for the last, gosh, 16 or 17 years, I've been using Estee Lauder's Automatic Eye Pencil. It has changed some through the years, but it has remained the #1 eyeliner in my book for, well, my own personal forever. It was the one last "department store" makeup item that I refused to go without. Even though the refills cost me a ghastly $12.50 (ugh, I remember when they were only $8), I didn't care - it was that good. Now, when I pay about $1 - $5 for every other makeup product in my little bag, $12.50 is a huge chunk of change to me...

But ladies, behold! ELF has come out with its own version of this fabulous automatic pencil for only $3. It's part of their new Studio line... you know, the more *uppity* line that goes for $3 instead of $1. So anyway, when I reordered my supply of mineral makeup the other day, I added one of these new liners to my shopping bag to test it out. Could this be as good as my tried and true Estee Lauder version? I mean I have not switched to anything else in 17 years, people! That doesn't mean I haven't tried other things!

Well, this morning I broke out the new $3 liner and... WOW. That baby glided on so smooth that I started squealing. Could this be true? Could I have found new eyeliner love? After all these years? Well if this baby stays in place all day (has so far - 4 bathroom checks and counting) , I think I may be breaking up with Estee Lauder. I love you EL automatic eye pencil, but I just can't say no to $3. I'll be back with my final verdict tomorrow...

5 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

You're too cute! Glad you found something new that you love and a cheapo price. That's the best!!

Sandra said...

Please do give a review tomorrow. I also use EL liner! But would love to find something more "economically friendly"! :)

A Belle and her Beau said...

I love me some ELF! Can't wait for tomorrow.

amy (metz) walker said...

Ok, I must admit! I've never heard of ELF, but I'm going to have to open my eyes now! Thanks for the tip...

Marla said...

When I first heard of ELF, it was only available on-line...is that still true? i was hoping to try this out!