Monday, October 13, 2008

Almost Famous!

OMG! Do you know what is happening Friday at Buford Betty's house? Do you know, do you know? Should I tell you? Yes? OK I give... OMG! The Food Network is coming to my house Friday afternoon to film in my kitchen! OMG! And the hub and I, and some of our friends are gonna be IN it! Like on TV! Like sorta kinda almost famous!

OK not really, but I'm sure they'll be so overwhelmed with my beauty and talent in front of the camera and insist that I host some new concept show they're dreaming up. Should I start packing now? Well I really don't have a ton of details - it all happened really fast and I honestly didn't have much of anything to do with it. It all started with my friend responding to a Craigslist ad. They always have ads on there for casting calls and random stuff like this - pretty cool if you've never checked it out. She's always on there looking for little odd jobs and fun stuff like this. She once got paid $500 to open and close cabinet doors at some home show in town.

Anyway, so - last week she tells me about answering this ad and then over the weekend she got a call... they (the producers) wanted kitchen pics and she talked us into sending pics of OUR kitchen, along with hers... and we ended up getting chosen! They're sending us a check this week to buy ingredients for whatever it is we're doing... I think it's like a long commercial or something, but again - I know very little. Once I get some more info, I may have to get some ideas from the creative cooks out there on what to buy. All I know is that we're supposed to buy some ingredients for a challenge (two other couples - including my friend and her hubby - being the challenged). And yeah - no idea what to get. AND it has to be a surprise to the other couples, so it's not like we can discuss it with them! Ahhh!!!!

OK so I'll come back when I have a little more insight - and I'm hoping y'all can help! And just think... whenever this airs and you see it, you can be like, "OMG that's Buford Betty and you see that [insert ingredient here] she's working with? Yeah that was my idea." And then you'll be sorta kinda almost famous, too! Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!

26 comments:

Gracie Beth said...

Perhaps they will send someone like Paula Deen to your house!

Muffy said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH! You TOTALLY are a celeb! Make sure its not some sort of SCAM!!! Never can be too careful! How exciting for you!

LovesPINKandPEARLS said...

super cool buford betty, i will be watching!

The Mrs. said...

That is so amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessi said...

AWESOME!!!!

Well I Do Declare said...

Whoa!!! That is so exciting :) Can't wait to hear all about it!

The Pink Owl said...

VERY COOL! Can't wait to hear the details!

Cas said...

What fun!!!

Sandra said...

This is so awesome! Can't wait to hear details...Fun, fun!!!

PS said...

How fun! I am not suprised your beautiful kitchen got chosen (you do have, like, my dream kitchen!)...you guys are going to have a blast! I wonder what they will have you make???

Lulu said...

Awesome!!

Anonymous said...

That's just too cool! Can't wait to see you on TV! :)

Sasha said...

That sounds like an updated version of Ready, Set, Cook! How fun!!!! Congrats!

LSU Melanie said...

WOW!!!! VERY EXCITING!!!! I cant wait to hear all about it:)

Molly said...

OMG!!! That is so awesome!! I love the Food Network!! I am so jealous! Let us know when it will be aired :) Can't wait to see it!! and hear all about it! So fun!

Hollie and Janie said...

how exciting! you will have to keep us updated! a couple friend of mine's house was featured on HGTV's "what you get for the money"... it's a surreal experience!!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

What fun! I can't wait to hear more!

Elizabeth said...

Congrats! That is so exciting that you were chosen!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

OMG I finally just figured out what you are doing....I think. Call me and I will explain it to you. Too much to type.

Jill said...

How fun! Keep us posted!

Mary Beth said...

How exciting! Keep us posted on the details!

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

OMG! Too exciting. Keep us posted on the details. That will be so much fun!

Some Like it Southern said...

I am soooo excited for you! Can't wait to hear more!!!

Mama's the Boss said...

AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! How exciting. Let us know when you are going to be on tv!

Mrs LSL said...

I'm kind of late to post about this, but YEA! That's exciting! Def let us know the date and I'll be watching! :)

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

How did I miss this?? Did I miss it???