Tuesday, October 7, 2008

3 Things.

1. First, many thanks to all of you who left me such sweet birthday wishes! I had a great day yesterday and *31* feels pretty darn good. The hub made me dinner last night and we just chilled and drank wine and watched Chuck together. He made me the cutest gift - he had to get super creative because I insisted on a -zero- budget for my birthday. He took an old full-length mirror we had and printed all these photos of us together and framed the mirror with them. So super cute! He wasn't so sure about it, but I LOVED it. He is good at a lot of things, but I would not label him "artsy." So this project was a challenge for him and that made me love it even more. Thanks again for all the wishes, girls!

2. Mayjah props to my fabulous city for being named the best (as in #1) city for singles by Forbes magazine. Woot woot! So, ladies, if you're single... apparently you should be down here in Atlanta. Just sayin'. (Hint, hint, bestest!)

3. As of TODAY, the hub and I have officially completed Baby Step #1 in Dave's plan!!! That calls for a major WOOT WOOT! We are so excited and ready to move on to Baby Step #2, but we're kind of in a holding pattern till the hub finds a new job. I don't think I even mentioned it before - but yes, he is looking for a new job right now, so the budget is pinched and squeezed and mooshed extra tightly. But we are making it! We've still managed to put money away somehow and also give. So prayers please for a fabulous new job for the hub so we can attack our debt snowball with some real muscle! Woo hoo! We've actually got a lot of furniture up for sale right now on Craigslist and we're also selling my Toyota 4Runner since it has a note on it. I will post pics of all that fun stuff in case any of you peaches are interested. Some REALLY great deals on furniture... so stay tuned. I've also had some really good luck with smaller items on ebay. I have a pair of old Uggs on there that have already been bid up to $75!!! I was so totally stoked... I mean they're like 3+ years old! Turns out it's the color... who knew? Makes me wonder what other gems I have around the house...

5 comments:

A Belle and her Beau said...

Congrats on Baby Step #1 - I am also a big fan of Dave Ramsey and we try our hardest to follow his plan.

I will SERIOUSLY be interested in seeing the furniture you have for sale ... we just got married and have very little and that is what we have been saving for. I live fairly close by too, about 45 minutes south of the airport :)

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

Good luck with your sales!

Hollie said...

Good for you guys!! DR's plan is so great and he has helped so many people!!
Happy Birthday....a little late.
I turn 31 in December:)

Erica said...

Congrats on trying to tackle the Debt Snowball! Especially selling the car--that's a biggie! We're taking FPU right now and we love it! I hope your hubs finds a job soon.

Mary Beth said...

Happy Belated Birthday! My birthday was on Monday too-how cool is that? Welcome to the thirties...they're not that bad!