Monday, January 17, 2011

Yikes.

I haven't been too anxious about Wednesday's surgery, but I'm starting to really dread tomorrow's pre-op.  Ugh.  I was totally planning on loading up on Tylenol before going in tomorrow to get my seaweed fix, but I got some info in the mail a few days ago saying I could not take Tylenol, etc within a week of surgery.  Well, crap.  So I contacted my nurse and asked her if I could take it anyway and she says, "Oh we'll numb you before we put the tent in and Dr. T will call in some heavy duty pain meds while you are here to pick up on your way home." 
 
Awesome. 
 
I thought I remembered getting injections up in my nether regions at one point for something.  Yep, this is it.  Can they not just go ahead and put me under starting tomorrow and I'll just take a really long nap?!?!  Who doesn't love a good nap?  I nearly passed out last time they did this "procedure" (3+ years ago) but at least I know what's coming this time.  Find a happy place.... find a happy place...
 
So tonight I guess I will be getting the house ready for my impending incompetence.  I must get my "lounging stations" ready.  Remotes, DVD's, books, magazines, laptop... perhaps a cowbell for the hub?!  And of course I feel the need to clean everything before I'm not able to for a while.  I've been wrapping up all my open items at work so I can leave here worry-free.  Luckily, we're not too busy yet but I'm prepared to be slammed when I return in a week.
 
Please do say a prayer for my oven, the doctors and nurses, and a successful surgery.  Fun with pre-op starts tomorrow morning and I'll be in surgery Wednesday at noon.  Thank you for all of your encouraging words!  I eat them up - every last one!  I'll touch base when I can. 
 
I wish I had the time and energy to do a post dishing on the Golden Globes from last night, but yeah... don't think it's gonna happen.  And by the time I care again, y'all will be over it!  It was a great show though - did y'all watch?  Big kudos to Colin Firth, Natalie Portman, and Glee!!!  I teared up when Chris Colfer won.  And of course, lots of great red carpet fun to be had.
 
One other quick thing before I go...  the hub and I are featured on Buckhead Church's blog today.  The church is gearing up for GroupLink in a couple of weeks by sharing stories from different church members.  So yeah, we're famous.  Ha!  Anyway, check it out
 
Hope you all have a fantastic week!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my... at least you know what to expect! You have my prayers and I hope everything goes well! This will all be worth it when you get pregnant and have your baby!

Gracie Beth said...

Yikes I am thinking about you! I am shocked they said no tylenol because it is NOT a blood thinner like anti-inflammatories.

Sasha said...

Thinking of you, praying all goes well!

Ruth said...

Praying everything goes well this week.

Gabi said...

Praying for you! I hope all goes perfectly.
Gabi

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Hey there! Just came to your blog through Twitter. I'm so sorry you've been through so much with the TTC journey. It took me years and multiple miscarriages to get my miracle babe. Keep fighting for it girl.

Praying for you and your surgery. What are you having done?