Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Almost Famous. Again.


OK so you remember this cool happening last fall? Well, la casa de Buford Betty is about to hit the big screen. We're sooooo past commercial spots, y'all, seriously. It's time for the big leagues. This week our 'hood is about to get all Hollywood... are you ready? Get excited, 'cause a big chase scene is being filmed in our neighborhood for the movie Five Killers with Katherine Heigl and Ashton Kutcher. AND, it'll be going right past our house, so we're sure to get a good hundredth of a second of screen time! I'm thinking our house should have its own imdb page... I mean, we are building quite a resume here. How they find these random neighborhoods up here in the 'burbs, I have no clue. A few years ago a scene from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was filmed in a 'hood right across from us here. And I feel the need to tell everyone that when we drive by (I know you're laughing, bestest.)

I think the crew is coming out today to start marking stuff... not sure exactly what their schedule is, but I know the actual day of filming will take a good 12-14 hours. I'm sure it'll just be like stunt people and the *stars* won't even be there. But whatev, it's still cool. We've already had two people from Lionsgate stop by our house to go over some details and get our sigs on a release and to ask if they can put equipment in our yard and stuff. I'm really not sure how to handle all this new found fame... it's getting pretty mayjah, for real.

Anyway, I'm sure the hub will take tons of pics - as he tends to do - so I'll be sure to share those later. Alright, stardom awaits and I must get a move on...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is super exciting and fun!

Molly said...

Very cool!!! I think we still have your commercial spot on our DVR, haha. Let me know if you want it!

Elizabeth said...

That is so exciting! I love both of the stars! Can't wait to see your pics.

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

That's so fun! I'm tres jealous right now!

Lucky in Love said...

That's pretty exciting!!

Jill said...

OK, if you find out that Ashton and Katie are there I expect an urgent text message. I'll show up at your place ASAP just to stalk. SO fun! you know I'm a total celeb stalker and those are two of my favorites!!

Denim and Pearls said...

Too funny! I work near where they've got their makeup and wardrobe trailers set up. Haven't seen anyone famous yet but it's pretty cool!

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

filming in buford?!
our house was "walked by" steve martin in a little twist of fate in the late 80s.
i want brogdon house to be famous too!